Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Yowchie

I just got home from yoga *bliss*

Ahem, that is, it would be bliss if I could actually walk. That's right folks, I'm on the injured list. I can happily say that yoga was not the cause of my pain, because I would hate to not be able to do yoga.

I woke up today with a pretty major pain in my hip; the very same hip which was hurt in the car accident. It's been doing well, I have no clue where this sudden pain came from. I'm considering accusing Brad, the person who's car I was riding in during the accident, of contaminating me with his hip pain ;) He's dealing with it on a far more frequent and intense level than I am, which is really awful. I feel like now I have a little window into his daily life, and it's certainly a window I could have done without.

After limping my way through all the standing poses in yoga tonight, I hobbled to my car, drove home, hobbled up the 3 flights of stairs to my abode, limped up the spiral staircase to my bedroom, and am now happily ensconced in bed with a heated blanket. Soothing. Nevermind that I can't even move my leg around under the covers right now. Yowchie! I'm sure I'll break this reverie by needing to hobble back down to my kitchen and feed myself soon enough, but I'm going to enjoy not moving for now.

Three good things:
1. I still have ONE painkiller left from the accident.
2. Thank goodness for heated blankets.
3. I have an excuse to wear ugly but comfortable shoes to work tomorrow...this is almost a bad thing, since y'all know how I love my pretty shoes...but I'm counting it as a good thing tonight.

No comments: